Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Discoveries and New Beginnings

I have come to realize in the last two weeks that when we left Arizona and I left my career that what I went through was truly a loss and what I have experienced in the last 14 months has been a process similar to the grieving process or at least that is what it should have been. So now that I have come to that realization, I need to reflect on the last 14 months and the emotions that I have experienced in order to reconcile, cope, and move on.

I began graduate studies in psychology last October and this has also helped me make these connections and provided me with a wealth of knowledge and resources to pull from in order to go through this "process". I am anxious to get started and a little scared to make these self discoveries, but I am also excited and hope to come up with some interesting and useful processes that will be helpful to other moms who may go through a similar experience or for others that I may encounter in my work as an Organizational Consultant.

My goal is to use this blog as a forum to answer and reflect on some of the information and ressearch that I have discovered so that I can truly move on from the loss that I experienced. I am intrigued by the work of Daniel Goleman and his Emotional Intelligence so that is one of the first places I will begin along with a website I discovered called Emotional Competency. I have never been one for spiritual journeys, touchy-feely emotional work, but I believe that I have come to a point in my life where there needs to be just a little bit of give and take in this area in order to bring my personal growth and self-awareness to a new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment