Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why I am going to mommy hell

We all do it.  We tell our kids little white lies to bribe, cover our butts, provide an excuse, or to reason with.  With Matt gone, I find myself using these white lies a little bit more to help me cope.  I imagine mommy hell a place where no one picks up anything, there is a continuous mountain of laundry, the dishwasher always needs to be emptied, I have to clean the toilet almost every day because of 'bad aim', the floors always need to be cleaned, there is a butt or nose to wipe every hour, when one meal is done it is time to start the next, . . ., oh shoot.  Just realized I AM ALREADY THERE!

Here are some of the top reasons I am in and/or will be going to mommy hell.

I 'called' the Easter Bunny in front of my children and told him that I didn't think he should bring them Easter baskets.

I throw away toys/papers/drawings you name it, and tell the kids I don't know where they are.  Maybe we should do a better job of picking things up around the house.

Maddy was in to a "I don't want to die phase" so I told her that she needed to eat more vegetables, and that would help her 'not die'.

I let Peyton, who does not like breakfast food, have grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and other fun foods for breakfast.  Heck, some of them are better for them than cereal!

I talked to your teacher today . . . (fill in the blank).

And who can forget old favorites like:

Your head will fall off if you keep picking your nose.

Your teeth will fall out if you eat too much junk and you don't brush your teeth.




I KNOW there are more, I just can't think of them right now.  I guess I am blocking them out of my memory for fear of submerging even farther into mommy hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment