Saturday, May 19, 2012

But I didn't study for the test!

I am in the middle of one of the biggest tests I have had in a while. 

The subject - raising a boy.
The test administrator - Peyton, one 5 year old boy. 
Progress - I will get back to you on that.

My adorable son, the love of my life, the boy who will become a man that no woman will be good enough for - is testing me.  He is trying to discover his boundaries, my limits, what consequences I will dole out, and just how far his charming personality and curls will get him.  The timing couldn't be worse.  With daddy overseas, I am reaching my limit a lot faster than if I had back up.  We're talking potty mouth, hitting, disobedience, mini-tantrums, and out right devilishness.  My blood is boiling just thinking about that stinker.  And I have tried it all in dealing with it - discipline, positive reinforcement, redirection, modeling, consequences.  Sometimes with success and other times with great failure.  The thing that is getting me through it right now is thinking that it is a phase.

So if there is anyone who wants to arrange a marriage now - you have my ear.  Your daughter can have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment