Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SAHM




I had no idea what SAHM stood for before we moved to Virginia. Turns out it is stay at home mom. So since that is now what I am, I found a group called the Prince William SAHM's and Peyton and I meet up with some of the other mom's and kids to play and find new things to do in the area.


The member's of the group can also host playdates at their homes and since I have been having a heck of a time getting Peyton to go do anything, I decided to bring the friends to him. We had a playdate last week, Spring Fling - Paint, Plant, and Play with Peyton in which 5 other mom's and their kids came over and we painted small terra cotta pots, planted seeds and played (not necessarily in that order). It was a big hit so I went ahead and planned a few more for May. We have another one scheduled for this Thursday with shaving cream, sand and spaghetti painting. It is supposed to be a nice day so we will be able to be nice and messy - outside!


We've meet up with the group at an indoor bounce house, a local park on St. Patrick's Day for a Leprechaun Treasure Hunt and there is an Easter Egg Hunt coming up. The women I have met are great and it is nice to have adult conversation and I love having people come over. Hopefully the other playdates will be fun, too; Cinco de Mayo shakers and a pinata, Dinosaur Dig, and Painting with Ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment