Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Information at your fingertips

When Maddy had her first speech evaluation, I found myself searching through baby books, medical files, and even pictures trying to remember when she met her milestones so I could answer all of the questions on the mounds of paperwork I had to complete. Then when she had an evaluation with Gilbert Public Schools, it was the same thing but at least I had the majority of the information on the speech evaluation paperwork. It was at that time I decided I needed to have a binder for her that had all of these evaluations along with sections for her IEP (individualized education plan), school information, health information, emergency contacts, Matt's work address (I never remember that), and anything else I could think of. I knew putting in a little up front time would save me so much in the end and that it would be a valuable tool to take to all IEP meetings, doctor appointments, parent teacher conferences, and anything Maddy. Naturally, I did one for Peyton, too although his doesn't have quite the amount of information, but it is all relevant. I also carry their immunization cards in these binders but not their social security information or birth certificate. I would highly recommend creating one for each child or something similar. It is a great tool to have and it is nice to have everything in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment