Saturday, September 18, 2010

Respect

As Maddy is around more children and more experiences, I have noticed a change in her level of respect towards us. I know that this is a test for her and that she is testing boundaries, but from an educator who believes wholeheartedly in character education, I am struggling with this one.

It's nothing major (things like telling us "no", pushing Peyton's buttons), but I feel that if it is not nipped now, that it could escalate. So we shall see how this all develops as her school year goes on. I can tell she is struggling with it and she knows right vs wrong but it seems to be a right of passage at this point that I was not prepared for.

Here goes to teaching respect from a loving point of view instead of out of frustration (that will be the hard part).

No comments:

Post a Comment